Broken blog!

I did it again, I broke the blog by doing a Debian security update! All of this a few hours after finding and fixing the problem that SIVART was experiencing!

I don’t know exactly what broke the blog, I’ve tried every suggestion I could find at the WordPress about blank blog pages.

My solution… A brand new Virtual server running a cutdown version of Debian 3.1 (Stable)!

I restored the blog to this new server, however the blank blog page bug also manifested on this server.

I decided to upgrade to the latest version of WordPress, and my blog is back! (And yes I tried this same step on the old server, with no improvement)

The next problem was how to let the real world see this new server, my ISP only provides me with a single IP address, and I’m still hosting other sites on my old server.
Simple solution, I modified the virtual webhost on the original server to now act as a reverse proxy to the new server.

So it’s all up and running… total outage a little bit over 12 hours! I did manage to get about 6 hours of sleep somewhere in there!

This isn’t the best solution, but it works for now… I’ll review and redesign the setup when I have a spare moment! ;)